Thursday 19 September 2013

10 women, 10 lifes, and Tamara de Lempicka, ghost and inspiration.

I tried to paint but I can't. Something is not natural when I do it; If you gave me knitting needles I would feel the same. Anyway, when I think about creation I think about the idea: writing, painting or photography are exactly the same for me, everything is like breathing, inhalate life, and exhalate it.

So, it's decided, I will play with words while people around me play with colours. It's assumed that I should paint Adam's legs, could it be with sentences? It would be about desire and sin, the curve of the knees as forbidden place, the most dangerous because it looks innocent; line between them like these cracks to other reality, the desired one that stays hidden in the shadows.

Tamara de Lempicka talked about sex at the beginning of the last century. While people was thinking in wars, she was painting the luxury that was not going to last forever. People she paints are out of this world. They don't look to the viewer because they don't care at all, their gaze pierces us because we are not at the same level. But there is sadness on them, a kind of melancholy, maybe because they intuit the end. The end of an era that they ignored; they didn't belong to the same world. (Ana González Chouciño)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment